Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Niagara Falls

I could not get this close and not go.



It would be a bit like not going to see the pyramids in Egypt because they were 15 miles out of the way.



They are pretty dern impressive.



And no amount of tourist ticky tac could alter that. Actually the park along the river and to the falls was a pretty nice green space considering the volume of people who have passed through here over the decades.

The elevator tower and observation deck down to the Maid of the Mist boat ride was even impressive in its own right.



Niagara Falls fall.






Riverside weeds grew right up to the edge.



Looking back across Niagara Falls from Goat Island.



I heard an amazing number of languages coming from the tourists.



You know you are a real gardener when tiny flowers can still grab your attention in the presence of such force.



Maybe you could say Niagara Falls is one of the seven wonders of Buffalo, New York.



I promise to show the incredible gardens I saw during the garden bloggers confab, Buffa10 when I get back to the low spot on a North Carolina mountain top

12 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I like the way you captured the wildflowers near the falls. Hurry home so I can hear more.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely majestic!
Sallysmom

Carol Michel said...

Yes, I had to see the falls, too. Loved the park like setting on the American side. Didn't have time to take a ride on the Maid of the Mist... "next time"...

Benjamin Vogt said...

And what did it look like before we diverted the water? Yes, people don't like me at parties, but that's what alcohol is for.

Siria said...

Just gorgeous! I was there a few years ago and it certainly was the highlight of Buffalo....but then that is because I didn't go on any garden tours. :-) Can't wait to see your visits!!!

Pam/Digging said...

That's a lotta water. I didn't see it this time but have been to both sides before. It is very impressive indeed.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, so you went on the boat? Way to take in the whole experience. I love the little yellow flowers too. Have a safe trip home.
xo
Frances

Gail said...

I got to see the falls from the air~it was a wonderful sight! Looking forward to more posts on the gardens. gail

EAL said...

I hope the ride on the Maid was fun! I can't tell from what you're saying. I loved it when I went. But then, I don't know if I would do it again ...

thistleandthorn said...

Thanks for taking me there!

chuck b. said...

I can't say I've thought about Niagara Falls much, but it would be pretty cool to have a wonder of the world right nearby.

Safdar Ali said...

Amazing and so beautiful place. I wish to visit there once. Thanks for sharing. niagara falls