Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Liatris

Liatris self sows and can become a bit of a weed in proper gardens with mulched beds. That means it gets pulled as a weed sometimes. The corms follow me home and get planted hither and yon. I have tossed out big sacks full of seed over the years too. It is beginning to show.

Liatris can also disappear in proper gardens over the winter. Damn varmints. I suspect it is the voles.




















It grows and self sows in the Tall Flower Meadows now. I don't think I have ever paid money for liatris. At this point it would be difficult to tell if any disappeared over the winter. It's all about populations and good bloom years now.




















I got started deconstructing the fixed recessed loft windows thinking I could kill the bugs that had moved in and ponder everything I would need to redesign and rebuild the flaw. I ran into a small problem.

I built this house and installed the windows. They were very well installed. The framing fits the windows like a glove and the windows have a nice seal of caulk between them and the exterior trim holding them in place. There is no wiggle room and they are nailed in by trim and caulked in place. On the outside.

I may need to borrow some scaffolding after all. I'm hoping for another epiphany. I'll kill the bugs some other day.




















I brought home a fist full of liatris corms last week. I should have pulled more. They have become a bit of a weed. Here they can run free.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

If only my liatris would go wild. I wouldn't complain one bit. Lucky you.
Sorry your window project is turning into a monster.