Sunday, November 29, 2020

Straight To Siberolina

Update: The fine print says winter will be arriving at my house early tomorrow afternoon. A prolonged NW flow event will bring snow to the higher elevations along the Tennessee border. That would be me. How much will be determined. The word accumulation was used. Wind was mentioned. The meadow's remains will get thinner.














The lowest suggested low is in the teens for our first winter storm and following days of well below freezing cold. It seemed prudent to go dig some root crops before the ground froze. I might could actually cook something whiled it snowed.














For some reason I kept on. Root crops were sliced. Water was boiled. Parsnips, potatoes and carrots with butter and salt make a fine 5 star gruel. It is surprisingly complex and delicious. I have beets for the snow storm.














Tomorrow I will dash out and dash home, before things begin to stick I hope. One truck needs to be parked at the top of the drive. Siberolina is on the way.


 

2 comments:

Michele said...

Do you have a root cellar?

Christopher C. NC said...

Yes I have a root cellar of sorts, a basement closet at the house next door against the most underground part of the foundation walls that stays nice and cool. It is currently full of spaghetti squash.