Sunday, January 3, 2021

Afternoon Walkabout

Yesterday when it was sunny and warm













I went to the ridgetop garden next door and sprayed roundup on a whole lot of Lamium galeobdolon.














I was surprised by the faint green blush and diversity of the winter adapted wild things awake and growing on the forest floor among all the lamium.














It made my Lamium killing more difficult and painful. It had to be done and there would be some collateral damage.














And a Lot of Sticks. Good Lord! There wasn't that much wind. I picked up some but wasn't really in the mood after spaying and went back home.














Thinking about gardens and how to maintain them.














That faint green blush and diversity of the winter adapted wild things was only there because I have been killing off the lamium that had been smothering the forest floor. The wild is coming home. 












And I saw snowdrops. May have sprayed a few too. 

I'm having a craving for a few dabs of a new conifer. The plotting is underway. Whether you like it or not, it's one of a kind.


3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Winter strolls through the garden conjures up all sorts of ideas.

Christopher C. NC said...

Yes they do.

Layanee said...

I need to stroll more and do some winter work...thank you for the inspiration!