Thursday, April 15, 2021

The Serviceberry

Real spring is underway high on the low spot when the Serviceberry blooms and a wave of green spreads across the forest floor. The carpet of spring bulbs is just the warm up.














White puffs of Fothergilla are on the way inside swelling buds. It is the near perfect flower for the Niwaki Gold Mops.














I hear it is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day. I have a Serviceberry, Amelanchier arborea to show. I didn't have time for more flower pictures. Rest assured there are all kind other flowers blooming out there today.














Today you get Serviceberry with Mayapples rising.














Here is some Uvularia grandiflora I have to show for Bloom Day.














But when I was taking pictures in the garden the other day, it was the Serviceberry's turn to shine.














High on the low spot of a North Carolina mountain top, spring rolls in gently. So far.














Since you made it this far I'll share a bonus Bloom Day bloom. It was my flower of the day. These are English Bluebells, Hyacinthoides non-scripta that came from a proper British person. How lucky am I to see things like English Bluebells as I go about my day.


4 comments:

Gypsy said...

Good morning Christopher: Your awakening surround is looking lovely. I especially like your Serviceberry; I was thinking of purchasing one for my new garden area. And, thank you for identifying Uvalaria for me. They grow all over my property and I could never find out the name. Cooling night temperatures for the next 10 days with sunny days. Yippee. Perfect Springlike conditions that will allow the flowers to linger much longer. Hope you are well. Gypsy

Lea said...

Love seeing all those Mayapples! I have just a few, and one or two have blooms, but I find it difficult to get a bloom photo.
Have a wonderful day!

Christopher C. NC said...

Glad I could help with the uvularia Gypsy.

The Mayapples are fun Lea. The flowers are rarely showy, hiding beneath the leaf.

Yvonne said...

Fantastic living in nature! Looked through some of your posts, and it is amazing that your house appears to be built on the edge of a ravine. So very beautiful; like a little slice of paradise.