The morning was spent at a new client's. Two retaining walls were built on the slope above a circular drive creating a three tiered and sizable planting area. This will be a fun project. The request was to attract the birds and the bees. I can do that.
The afternoon saw more rocks stacked and an exterior light installed at the service entrance. I painted before hand including the electric mounting box for the light so it will blend in. The prep work was done to bond the gas line to the extra grounding screw in the meter box where the electric supply to the cabin comes in. Randy do you know anything about bonding gas lines? I hope this is what I am supposed to do, ie run a ground wire from the metal gas line to the grounding bar in the meter box.
It was much cooler today after a dash of rain in the night. I went to check on the crocus.
I think one of my next projects in the wild cultivated garden is to start gathering up or chopping into firewood more of these stray log sections that litter the place. Regular maintenance is really starting to get this place in shape in a wild cultivated sort of way. Less clutter would be nice I think.
Logs and stumps are another matter. The fallen logs in particular are so much a part of the ambiance of the garden. They really say the gardeners just came in and started planting in the forest.
A bulb podge is emerging in a new bed created by removing a bunch of the old log sections. Give Bulbarella bare ground and she will fill it. Crocus join some of the allegedly perennial species tulips and what look to be some fancy hybrid tulips too. They didn't get et up. That's a start.
Not quite. There are more flower buds, but nobody opened in the cool of the day.
I found another item to do before I call the inspector man. The main water line needs to be insulated where it comes out of the ground to go into the cabin. I intended to do that all along. I just thought it might be better to do it before the inspector man comes nosing around. It is suggested in the code book. Once that is done I could even finish gravel the drainage path for the roof water to the buried drain line.
I'm not quite ready to call for inspection. I want to try to minimize potential rejection before hand.