Monday, September 19, 2011

How Tall Is It?

I was a wee bit shy of 5' 11" at my peak. Many years of wear and tear have occurred and there has been some settling of contents. I don't think I am quite that tall anymore. That will give you some idea though of how it feels to disappear beneath the tallflower meadow.



Several sections of the meadow are well over my head. A foot over my head in some places. I have to look up to see perennial flowers.



Just think how Crawford feels down there. It is a lot harder to catch the bugs when they are out of leaping distance.



I don't call it the tallflower meadow as an embellishment.

4 comments:

Lola said...

Isn't it nice to be obscure in one's garden at times? I really don't think the frame has shrunk that much. All the garden is gorgeous.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I bet Crawford can leap that high. The tall meadow is gorgeous.

Laurrie said...

It is an incredible experience to be dwarfed by a sea of immense perennials. No trees, no woody plants, just a vast towering fortress of waving grasses and flowers. We have six foot tall goldenrod all around us, and I can't even begin to go out into what was a gentle meadow earlier in the season.

Benjamin Vogt said...

I live for tall plants. My wife not so much, always "commenting" hwo the garden looks messy this time of year, but the birds sure love it. You can make the garden feel fuller and more alive with fewer plants if they be tall ones. I have some herbaceous per. at 12'.