Sunday, September 11, 2011

Just One Garden

On a shaded tree lined street, behind a full yet seemingly demure suburban garden facade lies Anahata.



An inviting path pulls you in.



With much to stop and see on your journey along the way.



"In Anahata, one is making decisions, 'following your heart', based upon one's higher self, and not from the unfulfilled emotions and desires of lower nature.

Anahata is also associated with love and compassion, charity to others, and forms of psychic healing."



This garden captured my heart the first time I saw it.



From the moment I stepped inside I knew it was a place of peace and comfort, a refuge from the rushing world outside. This garden is the living embodiment of a garden oasis and what gardening has the power to do for the individual and the larger world out side its walls.







In Anahata, comfort and calm, created with simple botanical beauty.



Some of the unfamiliar perennials also caught my eye.



This looks to be Aster tataricus, Tatarian Aster just beginning to bloom. What, the genus name hasn't been changed to Symphyotrichum?

Seeing it standing tall in person and reading about it online makes me think it would be a fabulous replacement for the royally floppy, six foot tall Symphyotrichum novae-anliae, New England Aster that we have up here and is such a pain when it falls over. I just don't think a simple replacement would work to well.

I must return to Anahata and get me some Tatarian Aster. The clash of the aster titans could begin.

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Just what a person would need today. A peace full garden.

Dianne said...

I have begun to realize that I come to your blog each evening before I go to bed for an uplifting moment. (well, except when I got the idea that my husband might fit in a hay bale!!!)
Love the gardens and love your comments.

From across the mountain....

Lola said...

Yes, a peaceful garden to wonder through on a peaceful day. I found it quite lovely.
I too check you blog late at night to see if you have let us see some more beauty.

Anonymous said...

Lovely garden and lovely prose. I grow the Tatarian aster and it is great to have blooming so late in the season. One caution, however, it is a thug. It should fit right in in the wilder parts of your garden. There is a shorter cultivar, the name of which escapes me, but you could find it on the Net.

bev