Friday, October 10, 2014

Autumn Elsewhere

In my travels I see all kinds of views. In the big picture it is still pretty green out there. Small bits of bright color are sprinkled across the mountains and slowly growing bigger.





















I was at the garden of my new pink mum's mum today. It is going to be a floppy mum.





















I got home early enough to plant my new Mukdenia before it started to rain...again. I think I need another one and just happen to be headed to the nursery tomorrow for the Posh Estate #2 ... again. Magnolia 'Jane ' had been hiding in the Lush. It grew quit a bit this year.



























What do you do with a pumpkin that has mange? I was hoping it would dry out once I pulled it from the dung pile and placed it mange side up. That wasn't happening and it was drawing fruit flies so I set it out on the garden access path. Hmm? Pumpkin bowling?





















Autumn comes first to the north facing slopes like the side of Hebo mountain where I live. I drive home to a fall that is a bit more advanced.


1 comment:

Lola said...

I like the first shot. Poor pumpkin, can it be salvaged? Love those colors.