Friday, October 24, 2014

Chasing Autumn

It has been hard to get the colors in a distant view to show up this year. The lighting never seems to be just right.





















In my travels I see all kinds of views. One day it is lit up majestic. The next time it is as dull as paste.





















We are at peak now. Those distant hills are covered in a golden orange. Trust me.





















It is far easier to capture fall up close and personal, in direct contact with the forest.





















Back home in the low light of the setting sun it is even easier.

The collectibles are starting to pile up in the parking lot. I need to spread them out.





















A sampling of maples shows the diverse range of colors available.





















Yellow has been a strong favorite this year.





















A garden path through this section is in the works. Planting and editing will be kept to a minimum. Nature will be in charge. The gardener will keep it tidy.

Autumn will obviously be a focal point in time. I need to remember that when selecting which trees to allow to grow back. I'm already chasing future autumns.


3 comments:

Lola said...

Gorgeous. I am at a loss for words.

Sallysmom said...

I love reading your blog but especially this time of year when you post all those gorgeous pictures.

Christopher C. NC said...

It is lovely out there now with cool to cold mornings and warm days.