Sunday, March 12, 2017

Under Winter

High on the low spot we came in on the low side of snowfall with about two inches. It was over by the time I got up and the melt commenced quickly in bright sunshine.





















There is more to come, more snow, colder cold and a mixed bag of winter wet. It will be a taxing week ahead. I should be able to get them done. I'd better. It's my last chance before deadline pressure sets in.





















White crocus in white snow wait for the temperature to reach operating conditions.





















Purple crocus do the same. Mid-afternoon the conditions were right. They opened for business.




















'Arnold' #2 from Sister #2 was planted by the chimney before winter arrived. It is that twig in the foreground to the right of the chimney. I came close to reaching out and grabbing 'Arnold' several times in my visits to my favorite local nursery. Glad I resisted.

It sat outside at the nursery all winter so I know it is acclimated. No problem to plant it now. Snow melts to make water, so I won't have to.





















The sunny side of things is the first to melt. The Under Garden was out from under winter before the sun had set. It may go under again tomorrow night when another one to two inches is scheduled for delivery.

I wandered out there and much to my surprise the snappage of the daffodil's flower stems was minimal. There is hope yet for a good daffodil year.





















We will have to wait and see what the next round of winter brings.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Brrrrrrrrrrr snow looks cold.