Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The Chimney Was Looking Fetching

There have been a lot of rubberneckers of late. I never noticed a spring season of them before. I'll walk along the byway now and again to see what it's like looking in. I take my status as a roadside attraction seriously.




















I haven't said much about the sunny utility meadow where the chimney resides in some time. This bit of the wild cultivated gardens has major gardening co-dependencies. I keep it cleaned up and mowed annually. Bulbarella comes in and plants flowers behind me.

And as the maintained areas expand, the other gardener comes in and starts decorating for attractive design. A new shrub border is growing near the chimney. Being tested are viburnum, pieris, kalmia and witch hazel. The witch hazels were paid for. All the rest came as discards from gardens I tend. Sometimes plants are worth a second effort.

I'm letting a roadside peach tree, sspiifit, grow here too.




















The chimney was looking fetching on the first day of spring. Now back to winter. Snow is incoming.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

We got snow the first day of spring. ugh...
I like the mossy rocks around the chimney.

Sallysmom said...

I have always loved the chimney. What is the real story about it?