Monday, July 23, 2018

Color Texture Form

The universe told me to rest this weekend so I did. My left hip is back to normal - for this stage of decay. A whole lot of rain helped enforce some rest. I took some pictures before things got really wet.




















The garden is crammed full of botanical delights.




















It has been full of damn varmints too. The deer have been dining here much more this year. They still prefer their wild foods and in gardens like these there is plenty to spare. And the deer bless them, are one thousand times better than a herd of loose cows.




















Plenty things they don't eat. Their diet is actually pretty confined to about six to ten species of plants. We have a lot of those.




















I can still walk through wild gardens finding botanical art in color, texture and form.




















Testing, testing …..  Will my new eyeballs do closeups?




















There are strange things in a wild garden. The deer ate the leaves and left all the dangling blue balls.



















A lot of strange things going on.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I hate to say it out loud because I don't want to tempt fate but...I don't have deer problems here. Thank goodness. It is bad enough that I have rabbits, squirrels and now Chipmunks. As a team they can be quite destructive. What kind of plant were the blue berries attached to? It is good to hear you are feeling better and the eyes seem to be working good.

Christopher C. NC said...

I have all those varmints plus a groundhog and one really bold raccoon Lisa. The blue berries are Solomon's Seal.