Sunday, August 19, 2018

Now Showing

The Tall Flower Meadow is fully loaded and in the on position. The Goldenrods are starting to bloom.




















Another week slipped by. It contained a good number of unsettling events. I am glad to see it go. On Monday things can start over fresh.




















Out there in a meadow the newest acquisition, Scutellaria incana, is blooming its blue head off. I sure hope it likes it here and spreads like crazy. One can hope a native plant will turn wild.




















The ironweed did.




















More so in the disturbed ground of the roadside vegetable garden than in the competition of a Tall Flower Meadow.

















No matter. There are more. Abundance is the nature of a meadow.


3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I got some tall Lobelia and Iron Weed for the garden this year. I can't wait until they grow up to bloom like yours. Gee if goldenrod is beginning to bloom this always tells me that fall is about to arrive.

Christopher C. NC said...

Fall is about to arrive Lisa. I've been watching leaves fall from the black cherry trees.

Sallysmom said...

Hope all is well with you.