Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Hoe's Life

I must admit that my experience with Hoes is limited. I am a firm believer in a protective layer of mulch. It doesn't hurt to take a walk on the wild side every so often and that wild and crazy gal, Carol at May Dreams Gardens, is at again. Visit her Hoe Central for your chance to get down with Hoes from around the world.

The single hoe that resides at OutsideClyde has a very zen lifestyle. In gardens that include a wildflower meadow and a shaded forest woodland garden, weed is a relative term.


















The Hoe did get out once last summer trying to pickup a little work out by the roadside vegetable garden. Since then, the Hoe has gone to pot.


















A working Hoe. Maybe. We'll see how well the thick layer of mulch works in the vegetable garden this year.













Looks like there may be a customer.















The Hoe striking a pose after a quickie.













Postscript: No Dandelions were harmed in the making of "A Hoe's Life".

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your hoe has a charmed life it seems.

Carol Michel said...

That was hilarious. Your hoe has it made.

I, too, believe in a good layer of mulch to deter a lot of the weeds, but not so much in my vegetable garden. If I mulched it, I'd never get to hoe!

Thanks for joining in,
Carol, May Dreams Gardens

chuck b. said...

I have absolutely no use for a hoe. They tried to make me use one at the Botanical Garden once, but as soon as they went away, I got down on my knees and did it all by hand, better than any hoe.

However, I could probably use a Cobrahead (tm), and may buy one.

Christopher C. NC said...

How could I resist you Carol?

The Hoe has a charmed life. The other tools, that's another story.

I do miss my Hand Hoe. They are so much more useful than a Hoe on a long stick.

Unknown said...

LOL!