Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Doing Justice

Maybe this picture does justice to the upper sunny utility valley. Last year it did not seem to reach such a crescendo. I kept waiting. Between the Great Easter Freeze of '07' and the massive chop and drop by the utility company that I cleaned up upon my arrival last June, there must have been less still standing to bloom.

In the right light it is quite stunning.



The gathering of the rocks has begun over in my neck of the woods. Can a person be gleeful gathering and tossing stones? I think there may be a shorter bed defining dry stack stone wall in my new garden. Hardscape can give a garden a strong presence.



In time I will do this ground justice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the flowers in the pic. What is the blue one? I Think those 2 colors are perfect together. Mother nature sure knows what she is doing. And the rocks, omg what a person could do with all those beautiful rocks. Fortune sure is on your side, Christopher.

chuck b. said...

The pollinators must be realllly happy at your place.

Anonymous said...

It is going to be so wonderful. You must be giddy at the prospect.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

If Mother Nature gave me a pile of rocks I would be giddy too. Those fall flowers are lovely. It is difficult to capture the light in a photo. Seeing the goldenrod and asters really makes it seem like fall.

Annie in Austin said...

Your hillside is stunning, Christopher - and it's odd to think back and remember your rock piles in Hawaii.

They seemed so enormous, but were apparently only practice for this mountain.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose