Sunday, September 28, 2008

It Was An Honor

Just to be nominated in five categories for the BlogAsheville awards. I didn't win a single one, but it was an honor to be nominated. No really. I swear. It was an honor



Some of the big winners of the night were the ever popular Ashvegas, the political Scrutiny Hooligans, one of my regular reads and My Life in Cake. When you ply the crowd with the most delicious of sugary treats and the sweet personality to go with it, you are bound to be a big winner. Congratulations Jodi.



Frankly I am still a bit puzzled how I even got to be nominated. I am a bit outside the purview of the eclectic brew of Asheville culture and bloggerati and have few readers from the region. The nominations will send some my way to check out this blog for sure. Reading the blog names during the awards, the dissonant sound of Outside Clyde must have had a few people going, who, what, huh?



Far more important than getting increased traffic to this blog, is me making connections to the vibrant culture and people of Asheville. As my new life in WNC continues to unfold, I want that to be a part of it.

Thank you BlogAsheville for helping to make that happen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christopher, I believe you that it was an honor to be nominated. I think you did darn good to get those nominations. Now you will make some new friends and connections in that cool community. I am stumped, was the cute young business woman our own Mrs. Brokenbeat?

Sounds like you had a good time.
Frances

Christopher C. NC said...

Yes indeed it was the Mrs. Brokenbeat, propietor of the hippest ice cream shop in all of Asheville, The Hop. She was there to see her friends in the band, If You Wannas play.

Anonymous said...

Sniff, sniff. Sorry Christopher that you didn't win. But great that you were nominated. You've come a long way with all that you have been involved in.
Sounds like you had fun. Glad you ran into Mrs. Brokenbeat. How cool is that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christopher! I totally agree that it was a great honor to be nominated and now this is a great opportunity for you to get to know the group from Asheville better and for them to get to know you better. Sounds like you had a great time at the party! Any other gardeners in that group?