Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Dreary Day

Rain, fog, drizzle, cool now cold, there was little impetus to move. I still managed to get to town and do a half a day's work once the radar looked good. The weathers are never the same down there.




















Baby kitties are already spoiled. They don't do rain or cold and were inside all day. They had a short visit outside before it got dark and I got them back in for the night. Now they are bouncing off the walls. I wonder if it is possible to retrain a cat's circadian rhythm? I would be most happy if they bounced off the walls between 1 and 5pm which is their nap time. Then they could do it outside.



















That patch of grass across the scenic byway is where I saw the coyote. I see all kinds of things on that patch of grass; cows, turkeys, ravens, deer, skunks, groundhogs and the lawnmower dude. It's much harder to see anything in the deep forest.




















The sun will come out tomorrow and the extended diagnosis is showing sunshine and highs aiming towards the mid 60's all the way through next week. I am beginning to wonder if winter has changed it's mind. I can use this nice weather to finish up my fall garden chores. With so many more clients this year, there are still gardens that need tending.

3 comments:

Lola said...

Sometimes we have to take the bad with the good. Kitties sure are taking to the new way of life. Hopefully winter won't be too bad.

Anonymous said...

Christopher, I wonder if you've run across this oddity on Botany Photo of the Day; photographed at the NC Asheville arboretum? The thing about the cobra venom was interesting!

bev

http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/potd/2012/11/pyrularia-pubera.php

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I am beginning to wonder about these predictions for a winter with a lot of snow. Of course winter has not even officially begun.

Bev I did come in on the tail end of a description of that plant at the NC Arboretum during the bloggers fling. Daniel Mosquin from Botany Photo of the Day even contacted me about his visit to the area, but I never heard back from him. The forest down at the arboretum is very different from the one up here, younger, dryer, lower elevation, more open with lots of oaks. I have never seen that plant in my travels.