Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Normal Routine At A Faster Pace

I have been editing in the wild cultivated gardens non stop for months now. I even edit as I walk back and forth from one garden to the other. None of it is really for the garden tour. This is just routine editing that needs to be done. There is just a little more incentive to do it now rather than later.

All my prep work for the garden tour was actually done over the winter. That's when rubbish piles were made to disappear, steps and railings were built and entry signs, arbors and pergolas were built, repaired and painted. I'd like to get new bamboo poles for the Blue Pot Art Project before the tour. That was on the list and I haven't gotten to it yet.

This is the time of the Lush when I normally do the first weeding around all the baby trees and shrubberies. That is what I spent my day doing. It makes them a bit more visible and adds a tiny dash of textural definition in all this green. The main point is to prevent them from being smothered.





















This is not a proper garden bed. If I ever had that notion it was quickly abandoned after being here a very short time.





















It will take a well trained and interested botanical eye to spot the wealth of plant species in the wild cultivated gardens. There are bound to be a few of those who show up.





















All the others? Well one can hope they are more mesmerized than shocked by the spectacle they are going to see.





















Garden civility of a suburban kind is sparse in the wild cultivated gardens. I may get closer to that in time.





















Bulbarella and I go about our business pretty much as we normally would. The pace has just quickened a bit. And that could mean we get to coast for the rest of the summer and enjoy the floral abundance that doesn't even really begin high on the low spot until about the 4th of July.


4 comments:

Lola said...

In the next to last pic., what is the large leafed plant?

Rebecca said...

I just KNOW your "lush" will be appreciated at many levels. I, for instance, would not be among those able to identify the multiple species there, but I KNOW I'd be "mesmerized". Speechlessly so.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola that big leaved plant is a Rodgersia.

Rebecca I am hoping there will be a fair number of people made speechless in a good way.

lh said...

It’s breathtaking in the photos, so it must be even more so in reality. Better have some smelling salts (or modern equivalent) on hand, in case people are overwhelmed and pass out in bliss. Lois