Sunday, October 22, 2017

A Beautiful Day Of Near Nothing

Now.

I slept in so late, it was fall when I woke up. Things can change in the night. I had my coffee and didn't move until it was time to move. Fall looked quite nice from the front porch.




















My plan for the day was to do nothing. My body concurred. But I can sit only for so long and it was indeed a most beautiful day.

Autumn crocus begin a slow moving stroll.




















There is enough color to declare fall.




















It will only intensify from here.




















Plenty green left to turn.




















I walked along the scenic byway.




















The question is, how long will it last?




















My mountain top is already thin and this cold front coming is starting with a good strong wind.




















But today is a perfect blue sky, sun shiny warm, beautiful fall day.




















Peak fall is still many days away.




















I am used to fall being a bit early and done with up here compared to many other mountains. Our mostly north facing slope and wind exposed peaks hear from Canada first.




















There is another big rock in my part of the forest.




















I did manage to do something during a break in my stroll. The living room sofa was moved and I mowed the lawn behind it. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Only one stuffed mouse.




















Then I retired to the basement patio and watched fall until late afternoon. I did mention it was a very slow walk.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Sounds like a perfect day, a perfect way to enjoy the colors of the season.