Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Yes Now

Once the change begins it seems to pick up speed. I wake up each day to a new level of vibrant.




















My little piece of mountain is almost at peak. There are a lot of mountains left.


















Two mornings of maybe it will, maybe it won't freezing temperatures should do the trick.




















There is snow in the diagnosis for this coming weekend and lows in the upper 20's for next week.




















That will be the knock down killing freeze, the end of green.



















Fall will have a short chance to mix with amber waves if the leaves manage to hold on for a bit.




















I will enjoy what is, now.




















Leaf peeping as I go about my days.




















The barren time approaches.




















But there is right now.


5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

That first photo is one of my favorites. It is nice that there is now color. Enjoy it while you can. Here there is a bit of color but mostly it is muted due to the drought conditions we had.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa the hurricane winds and mini-drought between them thinned things out quite a bit. The leaves that are left are putting on quite a show now.

C. C. said...

The slash of red in picture #8 is gorgeous. I'm surprised how close the chimney is to the road. Can't recall if I've asked this -- do you know the history of the house it was connected to?

Christopher C. NC said...

C.C. the chimney belonged to a one room cabin that I was told was used when they brought the cattle up to the top of the mountain for summer pasture.

C. C. said...

Cool.