Friday, June 22, 2018

Outside

I've been outside til dark a lot, even later watching fireflies. By then it's near to bedtime.




















I walk along the byway. The outer edge is what they see. There is a whole lot less looking in.




















They pass by in numbers now. It's summer on the road.




















Some stop. How many I'll never know. The outer edge is Lush, enough to keep a person busy without ever looking in.




















Inside hides.




















Invisible.




















From parsnips head high.




















I've been outside.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What are those tall yellow candle flowers in the upper right of the last photo? It has been some lovely evenings here too lately.Fun to see what the outsiders see. I took a few photos from my neighbors side of the back of the garden the other day. Interesting.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa that is Thermopsis caroliniana, very similar in form and habit to Baptisia. It performs way better than Baptisia for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Chris:
Glad you have good new eyes!
About that Thermoses caroliniana: how long does it bloom, and is it a good cut flower?

Christopher C. NC said...

Hi Daisy. The Thermopsis blooms for about three weeks with maybe a ten day window of the bloom spikes being fully open. I see no reason it wouldn't be a good cut flower.