Monday, June 25, 2018

Where The Wild Things Grow

I have never see the native Bottlebrush Buckeye growing in the wild until I planted it in my garden. It grows so slow I am not sure it likes it up here. That's ok. It blooms beautifully every year. This is just the beginning.




















Platanthera lacera is one strange native orchid. I never find it blooming in the same place twice. The plant itself goes missing too and I know where to look for them. What kind of a life cycle is this orchid using?




















For now.




















There is another vision in my head that may prove stronger. It will just take a lot more effort to pull it off. For now this will do while I ponder. It left the driveway. Good enough.




















I had a chat about Jack-in-the Pulpits this morning with a live human. That doesn't happen much. We agreed the biggest ones are always green.




















The source of 'Annabelle' and all her siblings mutates in the forest.




















Where the Wild Things Grow.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I like your new installation. Your rock installations always gives me a bit of rock envy. It is always nice to have a human to talk to.