Thursday, November 1, 2018

A Wet Fall Evening

Two kinds of light.




















These pictures show two different camera settings. The difference in perception of light quality is dramatic.




















I stumbled into using a night landscape setting some where during the period of the Winter of Monet and having my eyeballs sliced open.




















As far as my vision goes, the biggest change is I can now see the lighter image on the computer screen when it would have been more difficult before. Monet lived in a perpetual fog that sent light refracting all over the place.




















I can still see dark and moody.




















The rains began at four just as I finished work. It was completely overcast and falling in a car wash, slapping, spit. Still daylight, this light was truer.




















The shadow of a mountain, the viscous shadow of clouds, the shadow makes the light.


No comments: