Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Ready For Inspection

The garden selection team for the 2020 Haywood County Cooperative Extension garden tour is stopping by for a visit tomorrow to see if they want our two next door gardens on the tour. We were last on the tour in 2014. Much has changed since then.



















I have a lot more bling. Still, I thought a little civilized would be helpful.




















A full mile of pathways through the Lush were weed whacked.

















I did more in one evening after work than normal, but it was something I do routinely this time of year anyway. Besides, I am quite fond of a good mow job myself.




















One of my clients will most likely be on the tour too. That will make three garden tours where capital I have gotten other gardens ready for show.




















That always makes getting the three acres of the wild cultivated gardens ready for show easy by comparison. The clients tend to get stressed and a bit wacky. They aim for perfection. I just go about my gardening as normal and give the gardens, even the roadside, a good mow job the week before show time.

That is pretty much all I can do. This time of year the Lush is in control in the wild cultivated gardens.


5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your garden looks good. I think it gives a different perspective about gardening. When I used to have garden parties I would stress about perfection. Now if someone wants to see the garden I just say come on over. It is what it is. ha... so much more fun that way.

Christopher C. NC said...

That's what I tell Bulbarella, it is what it is. The contrast between our gardens and my clients is pretty striking. It is bound to leave an impression of some sort.

Swimray said...

Wow, a "selection team" previews the possible candidates for the tour? So picky. Hope you make the cut and plants are at their peak.
-Ray

beverly said...

I think you bring a unique and fresh perspective to gardening; that is, work with what your site gives you. I wish more people 'got' that.

Christopher C. NC said...

Swimray that is pretty much par for the course for any garden tour. There are a lot of factors to consider when putting one on. A better word than inspection might be scouting.

Bev I know my garden will always be the oddball on any tour. I like that. Some people get it, some don't. The idea of garden in a more conventional sense is firmly planted in the culture. It is good to make people rethink that even a little. People are even more shocked when they find out I am the gardener at that other perfectly plucked garden on the tour.