Tuesday, June 4, 2019

The Tall Flower Meadow Rises

I trudged up to the roadside vegetable garden to check that it was ready for the rain that is supposed to come. Bout time. The ravens were having a major confab above.




















Then it dawned on me.
You Peckerheads!
It's you.
Bunch of chicken scratches.
That's what it is.
You Peckerheads!

Stay out of my mulch!
Peckerheads!
Go fishing some where else.




















That lone raven that has been visiting so many mornings
I bet she is the lookout.




















A whole mob of peckerheads ready to rumble.




















Some rain coming finally.




















The Lush was beginning to notice the dry.




















And I am much happier when rain handles watering new plants.

Peckerheads!
No water tonight.
The vegetables look fine.
You will have to wait for the rain to make the worms rise.
Peckerheads!




















The cutest little sweet pea showed up in one of the dung piles that are now turning feral.
I like it.
I have been a plant vector my entire life.
It has fine possibilities as a wild thing.
I'll need to know who it is and more about it habits first.
The dung pile is a fine home to watch it for now.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Ravens! I bet they can tear up a garden if they are after something. We are getting some needed rain too.

Sallysmom said...

Finally got a tad of rain here. It has been so dry that what little grass we have is dying.