Thursday, June 28, 2007

Forest Lessons

When a tree falls in the forest it does make a sound. I know. I have heard the sound of crashing trees and branches twice in the last 24 hours. The question is will anyone be there to pick it up?

It takes quite some time and significant quantities, for rain to touch the ground in the forest. In some rain showers the water may never touch the ground.

After a good rain has stopped falling from the sky, the forest trees can continue raining for another 20 to 30 minutes.















You can dress up the forest with the ubiquitous blue pot, but if you don't cut it down, it will still be the forest and the forest will always come out on top.
















Every creature but me, bears and coyotes, hundreds of cows, the deer and raccoons, even the birds can shit in the woods, but me, I have to wait for pits to be dug and the soil examined, to see if I may be permitted to poo.

If they won't permit me to poo, I may not be able to live in the woods. Let us now pray to the Patron Saint of Good Soils.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about a composting toilet?

chuck b. said...

Good luck with your bowel movements!

Anonymous said...

I'd be surprised if you had drainage problems in your neck of the woods (or your butt of the woods??) Now we on the Coastal Plain have different problems....

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

Love the hint of blue from the ceramic urn peeking out from within the forest.

It is subtle touches like this that can make such a strong statement.

Beautiful forest !

Wicked Gardener said...

I will include you in my prayers tonight.