Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Before The Black Iris

The iris that will be blooming are blooming. I suppose this is Caesar's Brother. I pulled it from a trash heap in the forest. But I have seen forms of it that have much more erect leaves and the flowers rise completely above the foliage. A slightly different cultivar or variation from the site conditions or this is not Caesar's Brother? I don't know.





















The Yellow Louisiana iris are having a few blooms. One year they were loaded. I wait for a repeat of that year. The year they don't freeze after they have started to grow.





















This is a near miracle. Not a single other of the bearded type iris in all of the wild cultivated gardens, and there are hundreds, have produced a single bloom. Only the black sheep of the family has come through. Maybe tomorrow I will have the Black Iris.


No comments: