Monday, May 26, 2014

Lupine At The Posh Estate

I have not been able to grow fancy lupine myself. There are currently a number of the eastern species, Lupinus perennis, seedlings in the wild cultivated garden. Maybe they will grow for me.

That deep dark purple/blue in the left back ground is Salvia nemorosa. I have not been able to successfully grow that either.





















Some things just do not compete well with the Lush. They need more elbow room, all day sun and less aggressive neighbors, a proper perennial bed to thrive. I don't see a proper perennial bed in my future. Good thing I can enjoy fancy lupine and Salvia nemorosa in other gardens.


2 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Those colors certainly stand out.

Lola said...

Sure wish you could grow Lupine at your home. They are pretty.