Friday, December 21, 2018

On The First Day Of Winter

The weather of late has been making the life of this peasant gardener a bit problematic. Just as the last big dump of snow was approaching full melt, a new bought of big rains and wet snow arrived cancelling two or three days of work.




















I had only begun to address cleaning up the mess in the gardens I tend and checking back in on the gardens declared closed for the season. My schedule such as it is at this time of year is completely discombobulated.




















Now you see it.




















An hour later and soon you won't.




















Eight hours later I am at three inches of more wet bending kind snow. At least this is a NW flow Tennessee border snow that could spare most of the gardens I tend on the other side of the county.




















On the first day of winter there is more snow. I have had plenty of rest now and am contemplating sneaking out on Christmas day to gardens I know will be unattended just because it is looking like a warm enough, sunny and snow free day. Getting out of the house and moving around will be present enough. And to think, winter has only just begun.


1 comment:

Sallysmom said...

Love it all. You have just the right amount of snow.