Friday, May 1, 2020

May Day

I successfully captured the light today. Sometimes it is hard to catch.




















The way it lights up the stained glass of fresh leaves.




















Light and shadow dance in the abundance of fresh green and accumulating flowers.




















The pigs are back. My deer hunter says he got one.
Little at 75lbs. Plenty more he says.
Just great.




















This is my lawn.




















Filled with wild ajuga and anemones.
And pigs rooting through.




















There are red trilliums.




















And a happy Golden Seal.

There has been some noticed, 'failure to return' for a number of plants.
It's not unheard of for some of them to take a year off.
It's not unheard of for plants to get eaten.
We shall see




















This is the lawn in one eye of Creation where I want my ashes to go.
Where I know for certain
The waters will carry me away.




















We shall see.




















The In Between time filtered in as the gardens fell into the shadow of the mountain.




















Dinah has run away from home twice now.
I take her back.
Solly Kitty is not giving up her fancy house next door.
That's good.
This could be a problem next winter.




















Pride structure and pecking orders.




















I relocated a second set of Doll's Eyes.
Now I have two.
Nobody ate them.



















A short walk higher
I went back to try and capture the light.




















In the stained glass of fresh leaves.
In Ku'ulei 'Aina