Tuesday, May 19, 2020

There Was A Culling

The hot sun has given way to a stationary monsoon. The former indoor plants are getting their first real bath in six months. One Angelwing Begonia derived from a squirrel attack cutting. Two Ponytail Palms grown too large for the outdoor pot that stays outside. Three Amaryllis rescued from a flood. And the list goes on.




















This year's roadside vegetable was started while the sun was out. I'm in no hurry. I've come to think I get better results by waiting until June to fully plant the vegetable garden. There will be fine produce to share at some point. The trees aren't even fully leafed out yet.




















I caught a case of the vapors while editing. I have been reacting to pollen in ways that never happened before. The oddest thing is that wearing reading glasses I can walk around with is what helps the most by keeping all that tiny particulate floating around in the air out of my eyes. There has to be an eye/sinus connection.




















In the beginning, in the Time of Creation




















There was a culling. A great many New England Aster were removed from the meadow, compost in the path. The will to live is fierce. In a stationary monsoon, culled prone asters are rising back up towards a hidden sun.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Yep, I am sensitive to all that pollen and dust in the air at this time of year. Never used to be but time does things to the body.

Christopher C. NC said...

Yep. I took my first allergy pill of the season when the vapors struck.