Friday, May 22, 2020

Monsoon Phacelia

There was a nice second wave culling of the New England Aster and Canadian Goldenrod from the meadow this afternoon. I came home wet, crabby and covered in monsoon. A nice shower and dry clothes were a big improvement. Then the rain stopped. I went back outside.




















Two acres of wet Phacelia purshii is turning the mountain top a pale blue as giant rhododendron come into bloom.



















It is time for a path mowing in the ridge top garden. Some dry would be most helpful. I went to check on the progress of the Yellow Lady. I am most sad to report her Slippers were frozen or eaten. All that was left were the laces.
















The Phacelia has arrived in the Tall Flower Meadow. It is just beginning to spread. There will come a time when my garden turns to a carpet of blue in the middle of May. Button waits.




















Then I saw something in what little Phacelia I have that I have never seen before. Here in my garden was a lone deep purple one. Excuse the blur and note the color difference among the flowers. In all these years, in all that blue, not ever have a seen one that deep purple until now. Are there others?





















The monsoon returned as it has done since Monday. It was getting wet and time to go back inside.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

We could use some of your monsoon here. According to the weather prognosticators we have had more than our share this year already but that doesn't cover here. I love that cover of blue mist over the forest floor.