Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Welcome To The Lush

I have truly enjoyed watching the garden grow into the green Lush of being in the view from above on my front porch. So much of what I have planted over the years has grown in size and substance to be identifiable from a distance. That enjoyment will have to help soothe the maintenance gardener who is itching to spend time in the garden.














My breathing is a touch better which means I am sleeping less and moving more. It will take some time to regain some strength and balance to where I could wander out there and pull a few weeds.














The time for the Great Lawn and path mowing is also here. That is another matter entirely for the maintenance gardener. It is currently not possible.














As it should, the garden blooms on without me. 














In the land where the Black Iris blooms.


4 comments:

Barbara H. said...

So happy to see this post and that you are doing better. Enjoy your views - sometimes I get busy and forget to see what I've created. As always, keeping you in my thoughts.

Uwharrie Mountain Native Plant Farm said...

I wish I lived closer. It would be an honor to be able to give you a hand in your beautiful garden, although it would be a slow hand. Your work still inspires me. Continue to enjoy your masterpiece as you can and I hope and wish for you better days ahead.

Hugh

RobinL said...

I’m pleased to hear that you are feeling a bit better, and hoping that soon you will be able to pull a few weeds. In 2017, during chemo, my immunity was so low that Gardening was off the table for me, and it broke my heart. I make up for it in spades these days.

C. C. said...

So great to hear from you!!