Saturday, June 9, 2012

In The Sun

Where there is sun there are flowers.




















In the pattern of, I have a plant and need to stick it in the ground some where school of landscape design. I can get away with that in the Lush.




















But give me a little more time and things could get more organized. As long as we don't count the wild things that ebb and flow and dance around from place to place on a yearly basis. And we won't think about the seeds of things that get scattered just because I have the seeds and might as well toss them into the mix.




















It takes mulch to have real organization and even that isn't turning out so well since I still find myself with plants I need to stick in the ground some where.

Miss Collar all alone makes me feel bad. I see one and there should be two. Just one makes me miss the other.


























In the sunshine there are more flowers everyday. The bloom will creep down into the sunny utility meadow in rolling waves, each species in turn, turning on and back off. I'll watch. I'll weed.




















The blue chicory in the roadside bed is blooming now, but I have not stopped in the morning to get a picture yet. On sunny days the chicory closes by  noon.




















This is what weeding the Lush can look like. I spent my day next door in the ridge top garden weeding around the shrubberies so they don't get encased in vines or shaded out by close competition from the tall flower meadow.




















This bed desperately needs some wood chip mulch or the weeding process will only need to be repeated in earnest at the same time next year.




















In the slightly shadier places it takes the bloom a bit longer to get going. It's coming though. The hydrangea are about ready to pop.

4 comments:

Gaia Gardener: said...

Ah, I love finding another devoted practitioner of the "...I have a plant and need to stick it in the ground some where school of landscape design"! There are so many wonderful plants to try - even though I stick mainly with natives - that I just can't seem to wait until I have a pre-programmed place to put a plant. At least right now, the best I seem able to do is attempt to match the plant's needs with the growing conditions where I stick it.

Love your garden!

sallysmom said...

Yeah, that's my method of landscape design too.

l said...

I just plant it. More so where I can see it. You have a beautiful palette.

Lola said...

Oops, it's me.