Sunday, May 5, 2013

Soggy Mountain Slowdown

This makes two weekends in a row of solid rain. I have not been able to make much headway on my list of chores. The roadside vegetable garden is way behind schedule. I'll need to start stealing fifteen minutes here and there before and after work kind work. Oh joy.

I stood bundled on the front porch staring off into the blowing rain half the day. My house is pretty clean and the laundry is all done too.





















Late blooming hyacinth from late planted bulbs. I forgot that rhubarb was there and will need to move those hyacinth when they are done blooming.





















Euphorbia griffithii possibly 'Fireglow' grows at the top of my driveway on both sides. Do I need to move some of this down to the tall flower meadow? I just might if the rains ever stop.





















The Spanish Bluebells, Hyacinthoides hispanica, continue to cover the ridge top garden in increasing numbers. They are actually having a very good year and seem to be enjoying all this wet and cool. They didn't take to well to cold and freezing last year once the bloom had begun.

Bulbarella has begun to consider the thought that the Hyacinthoides just perhaps maybe, might be invasive.





















Please stop raining. We have had enough.

2 comments:

Lola said...

Love the rhubarb. Strawberries/rhubarb makes a wonderful cobbler.
Yes, enough of the wet stuff for now.

Sallysmom said...

Today is the 6th and we have already had what we should have for the whole month. I hope it's not going to be a dry summer.