Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Next

There was either more snow than I thought or less melt than there should have been. We've had two sunny 45 degree days in a row. Granted, the sun is at it lowest ebb and barely makes it over the top of the mountain across the byway. The garden becoming is half a north facing slope. Snow lingers.





















My next stone wall is calling me. It will be a short one on the lower half of the switchback path just like the one on the upper path out of the basement patio. I'm starting to have more time for these projects. The weather just hasn't been cooperating much. At the least I could start fetching rocks. It will take some extensive rock hunting for this wall.





















Shortly after this picture was taken the wind started to howl. Something's coming. By dark it was spitting dough ball snow blobs mixed with rain and the temperature began to plummet. It's another quick slap of winter. Sunday there is a suggestion of a high of 65.





















On again off again. I should be able to get my new wall built before winter is done. Must fetch rocks.

2 comments:

Lola said...

Ok, we're in for it now. Must fetch those rocks soon. It will be great to have a good path to follow when the lush appears again.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Rock envy...