Monday, December 30, 2013

We Might Get Rimed

I came home to 31 degrees and a thick rich fog sitting on top of the mountain. There is already a thin layer of ice on every surface. We might get rimed in the night if this keeps up. It would make for a beautiful morning.





















I made a decision a while back. I need two ten inch diameter silver gazing balls with no stems for the crumpled wire basketabras. I just don't want to pay $100 for two of them. That seems a bit much. So I search.

Under most conditions the crumpled baskets are invisible unless you are coming down the stairs. Gazing balls will be much more visible from many vantage points in the garden and add a dramatic touch, two round balls perched on fifteen foot tall tree trunks. What? Only when you get close will you see what keeps them there.





















There is going to be more than enough to keep this garden interesting in the winter when I am done.

3 comments:

Lola said...

Love the idea. I've wanted one for my garden but don't want to pay 38 for them so will wait.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I broke down and ordered my gazing balls online last night. I found them for $35. With shipping they come to $44 each. I figure I should buy myself at least one gift with the client Christmas money I've gotten.

Lola said...

Good for you. I hope you have a wonderful New Year.