Friday, November 17, 2017

Cat Fight

Living on the top of a mountain in the middle of no where is no escape. I blame it on the scenic byway. My driveway needs to be ten miles long.

Every where I turn there is all manner of decay demanding my attention, much of it not my own. My attention wearies.




















Almost a month ago a wild kitty showed up. Again, and always before the start of winter. I was alerted to the situation by the howling. Two cats were in a pissing match on the back service entrance stairs. Oh dear Lord! Which one of them is mine? They were duplicates.

Button has been defending his mountain. The howling continues. multiple times in the last twenty four hours.




















One wild kitty is bad enough. They are a lot harder to catch than dumped dogs. This week I discovered there are two. Two perfectly healthy looking cats have appeared on the top of a mountain in the middle of no where.

I blame it on the scenic byway and assholes.




















I decided I needed a bench in the shade with a nice view for the next open garden day whenever that might be. The doctor decided I needed pills for my slightly elevated blood pressure, another form of decay.




















There was a lull in the howling. Miss Dinah and I went for a stroll to look at decay. She won't go alone.




















This is not your average drive by garden scene in these parts or any other. I wonder if it attracts pet dumpers. Why, why, why must they make their problems mine?

One small scratch on his nose is all Button has suffered so far. I hope they can confine it to moaning and howling.




















It is supposed to be cold on Sunday. I won't be surprised to wake up to snow even though I am not seeing it in the diagnosis. If the sun is out and the wind is calm, I'll be doing some chop and drop to uncover more of the Under Garden. I'm ready.




















The Beauty Berries hang on to a frozen shrub.




















How does stuff accumulate? Ten years ago I arrived here with one four by four box. Now the stuff is piling up. I promised myself there will be a purge at some point this winter when I am done dealing with all this decay. I better put it on my winter list.




















Twisted metal spikes, bleached bones and a caltrop, just things I pick up as I go about my days. Decay is a constant.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Yes, and winter always brings this decay to the fore. I hope your wailing cat problems take care of themselves.