Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Snow Day #6

The wind calmed down. The sun came out. The temperature rose above freezing. It was a fine day to layer up and go outside.




















I went next door to empty a bucket of furnace water.




















There was not a whole lot of visible melt going on.




















Perhaps it is melting from the bottom up.




















I reorganized the clothes dresser from the way the cats had done it. My way is better.




















I will go look for some melt tomorrow. I still have nine gardens on my list for a final visit before winter sets in. That is not as far behind as it sounds. It's just a matter of getting the last few items standing. I just need this bit of winter to end.

Two will be visited all winter as weather permits. That's another story.




















The wild cultivated gardens are fine without me. I can wait for more crushing snows and blasting winds to knock down as much as it can before I have to worry about cutting things down. And then only as weather permits.

What kind of winter will it be? The house is clean. What's next on the list?


3 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Love how you did the stones. They really stand out even in the snow. Makes me think of things I have seen in Ireland & Scotland.

Christopher C. NC said...

Sallysmom, there is a real aspect of Northern European inspiration in Creation.

Jan O said...

Thanks for sharing your snow photos-I've missed seeing the blue snow and tree shadows here.