Saturday, December 30, 2017

A Deep Freeze

It's polar vortex time. Starting Sunday, a week of highs at or below freezing is coming up. Single digits will mingle in. Snow, not so much.

















Gardey don't do those temperatures. A few minor items might get tended to if the wind's not blowing, but not much. It's a good time for taxes. Ick.




















The Under Garden will get me through.




















There is a quite real and most unique winter garden now. It may not be Maui, but after ten years I have a garden that works 365 days a year.


















And it works quite well.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You have a garden to be proud of. It is nice to be able to stay home and not get out in this awful weather.

Christopher C. NC said...

Thank you Lisa. When I started the only thing in my mind was a garden that worked in winter. I never dreamed it would turn out like this. I sure hope the red and yellow twig dogwoods take. That will be an awesome winter backdrop. I'm not going anywhere this week unless I feel like it.