Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Maintenance Gardener Needed A Fix

In all this wet, mostly dry is an opportunity. Mostly dry is good enough to whack and the maintenance gardener was beginning to chafe at the monsoon growth while strolling the garden. I got home a little earlier today after my client's open garden day.




















On the way home I passed through a traffic scattering torrential downdraft wall of water. The clouds had parted a half hour before and closed back a half hour after the garden tour. The weather was perfect for the tour. Then it got ugly.

There was only evidence of a light rain back home. It was mostly dry. Who knows when some spare hours and mostly dry will coincide again?




















It was time to get whacking while I had the chance.




















Would I make it to the Great Lawn for its first haircut before another wall of water landed on me?




















The first haircut is always the hardest. So much potential bloom is sacrificed to the gods of civilization. But in the big picture, the majority of a Tall Flower Meadow remains. The maintenance gardener was pleased. There is definition.




















It is hard to enter a wild place. A nice open path says welcome. Walk this way. Once comfortably inside, that wild transformative magic can take place. Even the varmints prefer using a nice mowed path.

The maintenance gardener knows.


2 comments:

Barry said...

You play the the stringtrimmer like Gabby Pahinui played kiho`alu, I think.

Christopher C. NC said...

I try Barry. There may be a few sour notes. I did see that shining white moon a few weeks ago. I need a second look to be sure.