Thursday, July 4, 2019

On The Day Of Fireworks

The wild cultivated gardens are rocking the mountain.




















The wild flowers begin gently in Ku'ulei 'Aina.




















Maturing shrubs are now a big part of the show.



















Big foliage works the edge of shade.




















Aesculus parviflora




















Closer




















Indian Pink, Spigelia marilandica 





















In Hawaiian Waters




















I was moved to rearrange things.




















I found fish. Must be all that pond scum.




















The real fireworks are out in the hot sun.




















All kinds of bloom going on.




















Billowing grasses




















And roadside weed flowers left unmowed.




















A perfect lily inside




















Okra Weather has arrived for the roadside vegetable garden.




















There will be fine produce. Probably too much.




















Perennial Wild Leeks




















Enough daylilies to make your head spin.




















Big Leeks and Ironweed. I do believe I know why they call it Ironweed now. Getting rid of it is not easy.




















The Sunny Utility Meadow is having a very good year.




















Do the slide show if you haven't already. The pictures are much better that way.




















You really have to walk through to see it all.




















Several times.




















Definitely daily. The lily is at the peak of perfection.




















The voodoo slowly rises.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I think it is fun to rearrange things. The garden is never stagnant. The Indian Pinks are fabulous. I must try them. Must they have full sun??? I hope not. I had to look up what the word bindi. I didn't know what that was, I do now.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I try to give the Indian Pink as much sun as possible, which is no where close to full sun. I think lower down where it gets hot they would want some afternoon shade.

Anonymous said...

What's the purple bloom in pic #24?

Christopher C. NC said...

Those are Stokesia laevis, Stokes Aster.