Saturday, July 13, 2019

Ready For The Rain

I made like a sloth this morning and attached the ridge cap to the roof. The drying process can continue. Door, siding, window? I am having a strong hankering for tree bark siding. Cement fiber board is a cheaper and wiser choice. House wrap is a start.




















I always knew the shed was going right here. It fit perfectly. The bottle tree has a bit more reason to be.




















Am I building a varmint motel here? That needs some good pondering. I don't want a shed full of varmints. Keeping it confined to ants and spiders would be a success.




















The thunder started early while I was up on a roof. It rumbled close by all day.




















A constant threat.




















I stuck close to home and didn't get much of anything else done.




















A number of my joints were talking at me.




















A brief and gentle roof testing rain finally made an appearance late in the afternoon. I think it passed the test. Ugly rain may be another matter.  And it still needs a door. I've been pondering a rolling or sliding kind door. That pondering makes me think it wouldn't be very varmint proof.




















The Tall Flower Meadow is slower to come into raucous bloom, but it has its own current charm. It is time for a mountain wide path mowing. I'm not sure I'm in the mood for it though.




















Let the 'lawn' bloom for now.




















There is voodoo out there in this steamy okra weather.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I agree that the opening at the end of your building would be a special invitation to varmints. I think it would be best to close up those ends. The bottle tree looks nice beside the shed.