Friday, September 14, 2007

Birds In the Weather

Thank you Humberto. It rained all day. Finally. After two weeks with nary a drop it was beginning to look dry. It looks and is even dryer down in the valleys. I get a bit more rain up here it seems.

I am still fascinated with the way the mountains tear pieces of the clouds from the sky and pull them towards the earth.













Since I am kind of trapped inside and don't work on my cozy little cabin in this kind of weather, I can do things like take films of the birds feeding in the rain.

Note the Easy Peasy vegetables and herbs growing in pots on the deck. There are Cherry Tomatoes, Basil, Sage, Leaf Lettuce, Rosemary, Parsley, Chives, Lavender and an herb formerly known as Dill.

In the background on the left you will note some of the brown soul-crushing damage from the Great Easter Freeze of '07'. They have now had all season to show some signs of life. It ain't looking good for many of the Cypresses, mostly Chamaecyparis species I believe.

Presenting "Birds In the Weather"



With a little more rain my tiny little stream gains more of a voice.















There is a fine spot up above for a little Teahouse, a spot in the shade for a quiet place to rest the mind with a babbling brook to soothe the soul.

1 comment: