Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mid Summer Meadow

The monsoon continues.



In between waves of falling water there are chances to walk outside.



And see the ever expanding riot of blooms emerging in the utility meadows.



Blueberries are picked coming or going.



Daylilies, daylilies and more daylilies.



Lots of daylilies. Is that what the drive-by compliments are about? "So pretty" they said. I know they didn't mean me. I thought they were talking about Uncle Ernie, the new scarecrow looming over the meadow vegetable garden. Maybe it was all about the flowers.



The wild stuff behind what I mulched and planted. Oenothera, Ox-Eyed Daisy, Queen Ann's Lace, Yarrow and Aster



This is not yet a civilized landscape.





And may never be, anytime soon.

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

If what you are showing is uncivilized I would vote for that. It is quite pretty.

Cindy, MCOK said...

The meadow is obviously quite happy with the rain y'all have been getting. Just beautiful ... I'm sighing in appreciation.

Uncle Ernie, hmmm? Tommy, can you hear me?

Phillip Oliver said...

It is really very lovely.

Frances, said...

Can you feel me near you?

May it never be civilized, everywhere anyway.

Anonymous said...

I love the uncivilized beauty of it. I must drive over one of these days and see it! You named him Uncle Ernie ... I like that! But does that mean he never got the funky earings? How is the cabin coming along?

lisa said...

Personally, I hope it's NEVER entirely civilized...kinda the point, IMO. (Of course, MY opinion isn't the important one! :) The wow is there, regardless...so cool beans, I say! ;-)

Unknown said...

Civilization is clearly overrated. I prefer this alternative. :)

Christopher C. NC said...

Someone has been hogging computer time of late, so Uncle Ernie and I have been fiddling about, fiddling about, till I can get on. Uncle Ernie did get a rockstar, earrings on one side treatment, long twirling green and yellow strips.

The meadow is really amazing and causes this interior garden design battle in my head. It isn't completely natural, a lot of species have been added and encouraged. Other than that it is very wild.

Siria I should behave in a civilized manner and offer you, my neighbor just over the mountain an invitation for a guided tour. You can e-mail me at outsideclyde (at) gmail (dot) com. We could set up a late afternoon for the best time for a tour.