Friday, January 6, 2012

I Got Nothin'

I keep imagining that winter is bound to arrive and hang around at some point. Until then I might as well keep moving. A sunny sixty degree day had to be put to use. I wandered down to town and cut down a whole bunch of Miscanthus grasses in a client's garden. It is perhaps a bit early, but they are down south for the duration and won't care. Now that I am much more client rich, come spring time when real gardening kicks back in and I get busy it will be good to have some chores already done.

My grasses can stay until the bitter end. My grasses also look significantly more skeletal and battered then those lower down in the safe warm valleys and we haven't even had winter yet.



I might as well get started on cutting down the two and a half acres of the dead dried stalks of all the perennials that comprise the under lush in the wild cultivated gardens. Winter is not being any help at all.

It's a shame I can't train these cats to do chores.



They are only interested in chasing varmints, eating and napping.



That's all I got today.

4 comments:

Lola said...

I think that was a lot.
Kitties doing chores. lol

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I am in zone 8 but already have iris reticulata and a couple of daffodils blooming.
Sallysmom

Unknown said...

If only we could train those cats. That would be amazing.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The cats are too busy looking cool calm and collected in the garden to be doing any work.