Friday, January 13, 2012

Is It Winter Yet?

The temperature dropped. The snow fell, only about half an inch, much less than the predicted one to three inches for the Tennessee border regions.



With a low of 15 and a high of 30 it was enough to keep me inside, doing a whole lot of nothing. I napped. I needed it. The two furry alarm clocks I live with rise about 4am regardless of any extenuating circumstances.



The extended diagnosis shows a couple more rounds of snow and much cooler temperatures for the week than has been the abnorm so far this winter. The middle of January seems like a good time for winter to settle in for a spell. Maybe I will get to some indoor projects this winter after all.



At least there is comfort in knowing that any plants contemplating waking up have, for a week at least, been told no. Go back to bed.



This could be winter.

2 comments:

Lola said...

Seems winter has arisen. Strange, what is the head stone? Also in last pic the object? It is different.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The winter that could is here too. Brrrr what a rude entrance. I like your yard art. The gizmo in the last picture is interesting.