Saturday, September 7, 2013

September In The Tall Flower Meadow

Is pretty spectacular.





















More so in some sections than others. Give me time.





















The asters have started to arrive. Eurybia divaricata, the White Wood Aster is one of the first to bloom.





















All my editing is making a big difference.





















Editing leaves just enough space for some one else to germinate. A lone Ironweed is now many.





















At one time there was no Ageratina altissima, White Snakeroot, in the garden becoming to speak of. It exits in great waves now.





















The goldenrod is spreading. There are three species. Two I like. The Tall Goldenrod, Solidago canadensis, the floppy one, is the one that is most subject to an edit. I'm not quite sure which Goldenrod this one is, but it will actually grow in the shade.





















The very first Blue Wood Asters have started to bloom. In another week or so the mountain will turn blue.





















A tall flower meadow filled with color in September





















A cozy cabin high on the low spot





















Embraced by the forest





















What more could you want?





















Well I'm a gardener so you know what that means.

6 comments:

Lola said...

Just enjoy it. A treasured friend told me that about my gardens. Remember?

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I sit on the front porch at dusk many evenings just taking it all in.

LostRoses said...

I've been reading your blog since you were just building your house. You've come a long way! Really beautiful. Do people still stop and help themselves to your flowers?

Christopher C. NC said...

I have not seem any signs of that LostRoses since I moved into the cozy cabin, but I work full time now and am gone in the daytime during the week. I did have a young guy in a truck with a baby stop this spring and ask for flowers for his wife's birthday or their anniversary. Of course I gave him some.

Sallysmom said...

Were the pics ever published that the lady took of the roadside flowers?

Cindy, MCOK said...

The meadow is glorious! I know it will only become more so as you continue to add & edit.