Monday, September 30, 2013

The Gratuitous Beauty Of The Tall Flower Meadow

The Yellie Mums, offspring of the Sheffie Mum are now in bloom.





















The blue asters run in wild abandon.





















This was not my original plan. I gave up on that and moved on to adding, subtracting and waiting to see what happened. I should have edited out the finished blooms of summer. Next year I'll try to get around to that.





















Pink Muhly and blue asters.



























Miscanthus 'Morning Light', and blue asters with the Pink Muhly at their feet. The Sheffie Mums are hidden in there now and not blooming so well due to the competition. Next spring I'll pull some sprigs out of there for relocation. I'm thinking the mums could be spread through the tall flower meadow to do what ever they will do.





















The ever changing and always blooming stock tank, well head cover tableau. The Feather Reed Grass will be dug, divided and spread about next spring.





















There is a dramatic difference between my side of the scenic byway and my neighbor's side.





















I need more yucca. They are a great contrasting color and texture now. Even better they are evergreen and stand through the winter. The bloom is spectacular. I need more.





















Miscanthus with asters and goldenrod.





















And the simple beauty of the anemone. I need to move some of these over to my garden.



























All in a wild cultivated garden on the last day of September. Is it fall yet?

4 comments:

Lola said...

I am always in awe of all this beauty. Your garden is so lovely.

Gail said...

It's fall and it's beautiful.

beverly said...

Utterly spectacular. I keep using the same adjective for lack of a better one.
Are your yuccas making offsets yet? I think they should, eventually, no?

Christopher C. NC said...

Me too Lola.

Gail without a doubt this is the best time of year in the wild cultivated garden.

Bev when the yucca blooms that crown dies. They then send up several new crowns, but they are so tightly packed, dividing them would cause considerable damage I think.